Riding The Edge
Airdate: March 04, 2000
Kelsey rescues a dog from being hit by a car. She meets the owner, Nancy, who thanks her for that "crazy" rescue.
Diabolico requests a monster the Rangers can't touch. Jinxer creates Whirlin, who can summon tornadoes.
Back at the Aquabase, Dana watches a shuttle launch on television. Kelsey recognizes the pilot as Nancy.
Everyone gathers around to watch the shuttle take off, but they're interrupted by news of trouble.
A tornado has come out of nowhere and begun causing destruction throughout Mariner Bay. The Rangers rush to the scene.
A scan by Carter reveals a monster inside of the tornado. He blasts it with his Rescue Blaster and the monster comes falling down.
Whirlin summons some Batlings, and they fight the Rangers.
He then fights Carter, slamming him into some drums and boxes.
Whirlin turns back into the tornado, directly in the flight path of Nancy's shuttle.
The Rangers summon the Rescuebird, and fire at the tornado, destroying the monster.
The team gets news that Nancy's shuttle is damaged, and about to crash. Kelsey has a plan - she summons the Zords.
First, Joel flies to the shuttle in Aero Rescue Three and stabilizes its course by holding it with the magnetic locks.
Then, Dana clears the freeway of all cars for it to be used as a runway to land the shuttle.
Joel drops the shuttle off just over Hazrescue Four. It successfully lands on the Zord.
Kelsey manages to stop just as the freeway is about to end. Carter lifts the shuttle to safety with Pyro Rescue.
The trouble isn't over yet - Whirlin has been reanimated by Jinxer, and turned into a giant.
The Rangers summon their Zords, and destroy the monster with a slash from the Lightspeed Megazord Saber.
The Rangers meet up with Nancy, and she thanks them for rescuing her, Kelsey especially.
- They called them Rescue Zords again - this may be their official name, in spite of the robot being the Lightspeed Megazord. They need to simplify these Zord names. You can't go from Rescue Zords to Lightspeed Megazord, and from Rail Rescues to Supertrain Megazord.
- There need to be more appearances by the show's two , ahem..breakout characters - Vypra and Ms. Fairweather.
- There seemed to be some .. "chemistry" between Kelsey and Nancy when they first met. I'll leave it at that.
- I wonder if NASADA knows that Mariner Bay's space program is stealing their designs for shuttles.
- It's good to see the Zords being used individually for more than just their introductory episode.